Road Safety Specialist
Close: when a suitable candidate is foundLocation: Christchurch or Auckland, but we will consider elsewhere if you have the passion for Road Safety that we are after
At Abley we are proud to stand at the forefront of the road safety area at an international level. Using the latest analytic tools and processes, we are able to maximise our offerings and deliver unparalleled service and innovative solutions. We are highly regarded leaders with the solutions we provide. Our work continues to receive national and international recognition through the awards we receive.
To meet the increasing demand for our services, we are searching for an experienced road safety specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate should be passionate about road safety and driven to provide solutions that will help Abley contribute towards the Vision Zero approach across New Zealand and Australia. You can make a real contribution to making our roads safer and saving lives.
Objectives of this Role
- Contribute to the delivery of road safety projects within our Safe Systems team.
- Interpret data, analyse results using engineering, statistical and/or geospatial techniques.
- Provides road safety expertise across a range of transportation and safety projects.
- Produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports.
- Provide specialist inputs to expressions of interest and proposals.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Assist in project management as required.
Skills and Qualifications – essential
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in engineering, planning, data science or a related field.
- 3-8 years’ experience in the transport (or related) industry, but if you have more experience that this, we will gladly speak to you about a role with us.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- A positive attitude with an enthusiastic and energetic nature.
- A good eye for detail, highly adaptable and a fast learner.
- Excellent investigation, analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to build trust and provide support to peers and clients.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations.
Skills and Qualifications – desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of road safety principles and practice.
- Experience working with government organisations (at state, central or local level).
- Project management experience.
- Previous experience in statistical and/or geospatial analytics.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Dale Harris on +64 27 847 4496 or email@example.com.
Apply for this Vacancy